Friendly and Professional | CUSTOMER REVIEW LEO IN

Five Star Reviews

"Friendly and Professional

Springfield was great about everything: they came the same day I called, they used shoe covers, they completed the work on time, and everyone I met was friendly and explained things well. They left my house spotless when their work was finished, and I could tell they really cared that I was happy with how the whole process went. I would use them again!"

-Alison E. 

Leo, IN

When you have a free moment and have not done so already, we would love for you to leave a review by clicking the link below. Thank you very much for your time in advance.

Customer Lobby:

How To Prevent Fires From Starting In Your Home

In a fire, seconds count. So if you can prevent fires, it could most importantly save several people's lives and stop fire damage to the property in its tracks. Seconds can mean the difference between residents of our community escaping safely from a fire or having their lives end in tragedy. We want to reinforce why everyone needs to have an escape plan.

Here were some key tips and important messages on how to prevent fires:

  • Draw a map of your home by using our grid in English (PDF) or Spanish (PDF) with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
  • Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
  • Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
  • Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
  • Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
  • Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.



Does Mold Cause Health Problems?

Mold is usually not a problem indoors, unless spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Molds have the potential to cause health problems. 

Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching this toxic substance or the spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis).

Allergic reactions are common. They can be immediate or delayed. This toxic substance can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic. In addition, exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling the spores. Research and health effects are ongoing.

This [guidance] provides a brief overview; it does not describe all potential health effects related to exposure. For more detailed information consult with the licensed remediation professional at Springfield Restoration in Harlan, IN.

Springfield Restoration and Remodeling has the experienced crews and professional equipment needed to take care of any type of mold situation. We understand what you are experiencing and we know how to help. Our Emergency Response Team is on call and ready to perform the services necessary to stabilize your property and minimize the damage 24 HOURS a day, 365 DAYS per year.

Water And Fire Damage Requires Certified Professionals

Water and fire damage have the capacity to quickly ruin carpets, clothing, upholstery, wood, drywall, and many other materials in the home. Worse yet, even after removing the immediate threat, both disasters leave behind ongoing issues that can result in serious health problems for the people inside the building. That’s why repair technicians have to be some of the best-trained professionals in the world and be ready to adapt to work conditions that can change right away.

What is the real threat with water and fire damage?

Whenever flames or excess moisture are involved, organic materials inside the building are at risk. That’s because excess moisture often  stimulates harmful mold and other microbial growth, while flames leave behind damaging ash residue. Excess moisture, especially contaminated moisture, can provide the perfect entry point for molds, bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms, and these microbes can multiply quickly when given the chance to consume organic materials. That’s why remediation firms will sometimes cut out drywall that appears to be dry when a flood wrecks a home. It ensures that the microbes aren’t able to spread up the wall. 

Mold is particularly troublesome in homes with children or pets. Because both children and pets spend much of their time on the floor, it’s important to dispose of any carpet that has been saturated for an extended period of time. Failure to do so can cause respiratory or behavioral issues in the child. 

Flames leave behind clouds of ash once they die out, and this ash quickly moves through the building and settles on anything it can land on. Ash is acidic and will etch glass, corrode metals, and leave behind a powerful odor. This is compounded by smoke residue, which lasts long after the flames have been knocked out. Ash is readily taken up into the home’s climate control system and spreads throughout the building, so it can travel through several rooms with ease. 

Who can help eliminate water and fire damage?

Professionals certified through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) have access to the most modern equipment and methods in both industries. Technicians in the field can nail down the fundamentals better by taking the IICRC’s fire and smoke damage remediation course (FSRT), or the IICRC’s water damage remediation course (WRT). Both the FSRT and the WRT will teach professionals how to quickly assess and react to a variety of work situations. Students will also have hands-on experience with the most modern equipment and detergents, and can use this knowledge to destroy any lingering effects of a disaster.

And once a technician has attained certification in their chosen field, they can continue honing their skills with continuing education courses through the IICRC online. They can also opt for advanced certifications that improve the breadth of a technician’s ability. 

In either case, a remediation technician will be ready for on-the-job experience as soon as they complete the IICRC’s coursework and pass the exam, and they will be able to accelerate their career as a result.